Islamic Inheritance CourseOne of the most comprehensive Islamic Inheritance Course in Singapore Register for the Course Today
Death is certain and will eventually come to us whether it’s today, tomorrow or in the future. How prepared are we if Allah swt wants us to return to Him?
In Islam, we are encouraged to be prepared and plan for our death and there are steps that one needs to be responsible for spiritually and worldly.
Generally these are matters that need to be attended to when a Muslim passes on and it is by sequence.
1) Settle all burial matters
2) Settle debts owed to others.
3) Settle debts owed to Allah swt ( Zakat, Fidya, Hajj Badal, etc )
4) Settle what has been willed ( if available )
5) Distributing wealth to family members ( Faraidh )
So how much do we really know about the above matters?
Do we just leave this to the experts when it is time to come or will it be too late if you discovered that most of the wealth goes to Baitulmal (Islamic Treasury) and not to the family members. And by then you question and blame the authorities and the religion. This happens when we are ignorant and don’t plan towards these important matters.
Did you know Faraidh is the last step?
Before any family members can claim their rights to the deceased wealth, they should know that faraidh is the last step of the distribution process and this may take months and some even years to settle because the first 4 steps takes higher priority over faraidh itself.
The first knowledge taken away by Allah swt in the end of times
Narrated by Abu Hurairah r.a that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said: “O Abu Hurairah. Learn about the inheritance and teach it, for it is half of knowledge, but it will be forgotten. This is the first thing that will be taken away from my nation.”
According to prophecies made for during the End of Times is that these first few verses on inheritance will be lifted and removed from the hearts of our people. Even for a hafiz who memorised it will be forgotten and they will not be able to utter it. Our people will fight and argue about the wealth left behind by their loved ones and perhaps some of us may even attempt to do the worst to gain those fortune which may not be ours. This perhaps will destroy the foundations of families to come.
Firstly we must understand that all the wealth in this universe belongs to Allah swt. Whatever we have now is a gift from Him which we are asked to be responsible for. Whatever that we earn needs to be gain lawfully ( Halal ) and its the same how we spend it. Similarly, we need to plan for it when we are no longer around so that it will not affect our family.
What happens if you do not prepare for it?
– A house which you use to own may be taken away from your family leaving them shelterless
– Arguments about CPF and insurance payouts.
– Arguments about why the uncles get my dad’s money? ( For family that do not have sons )
– Why are my children getting so little of your wealth? How can that be?
– We can list down more issues.
Let’s be frank, for each of the problems above, people have written essays about it and let’s not even talk about the countless reports in the news. Some filmmakers have even been inspired by the stories which have been developed into films or dramas.
Can you picture your family going through all the drama while you are in the ground?
So let’s get it straight. This is not about you anymore, it’s about your family.
Planning also requires knowledge and know how’s?
And do you know how?
The following course is to educate you on the fundamentals and the foundations of Islamic Inheritance. This topic can go all the way to PHD level, however not all of us require that in-depth knowledge. Understanding the fundamentals like knowing the various terms in Wills etc and the practical steps of what an executer will be doing will be sufficient for most of us.
Should you attend this course?
- Attend this course if you wish to know more about Islamic Inheritance so that you can prepare your wills, hiba, nuzriah, etc
- Attend this course if you are asked by your spouse, sibling, parents or friends to be their Executers. An executer is someone who will take charge of distributing your wealth when you pass on. Do you qualify to be an Executer?
- Attend this course if you are married or divorce and especially with children.
– Regardless of what age you get married at, this is the time when you need to start to plan for this. This is even more important if you are a divorcee and planning to marry again.
- Attend this course if you are single and yet have a substantial amount of money/assets.
– Although things may change when you get married, this would be easier if you understand it earlier on and you can share this with your future spouse some day.
- Attend this course if you are in the real estate or insurance profession as you may be able to advise your Muslim clients better if the worst happens to them.
This Course will cover the following topics:
Part 1: Islamic Inheritance By Ustaz Haron Masagoes
– Who governs our assets when we pass on?
– Faraidh – Who gets first and who gets what?
– The various Islamic Instruments – Wills, Nuzriah, Hiba, etc
– Case Studies – Normal Family, Converts & Their Families, Families with no daughters and more. Does your sister inherits your wealth?
Part 2: Contemporary Issues with Islamic Inheritance by Mr Afiq
– Is it simple to draw money from CPF or your Insurance?
– Get to know the process of retrieving the decease assets in accordance to Singapore context.
– Why do you need a Will? Is it necessary?
– Does verbal will counts in the eyes of the Singapore Law?
– What happens if nobody claims the inheritance?
– Who is your Executer? What does an Executer do?
– Letters of Probate
– and more
Part 3: Practical – Preparing a simple will for your family by Mr Zaid Masagos.
– Writing a will may not be as hard as you think however you do need witnesses and an executer.
Course dates for Year 2020.
- In English. March 2020
- Saturday, 7 Mar 2020
- Time: 9.30am to 6.00pm
- Registrations are open here.
- In English. June 2020
- Saturday, 13th Jun 2020
- Time: 9.30am to 6.00pm
- Registrations will be open on 9 Mar 2020.
- In English. September 2020
- Saturday, 19 Sep 2020
- Time: 9.30am to 6.00pm
- Registrations will be open on 15 Jun 2020
Islamicevents.sg Training Room
71 Ubi Road 1 #10-47
Oxley Bizhub, Lobby 4
* Zuhur prayers will be done in the training room.
*If registrations exceed more than 40 pax, we may change to a bigger venue.
Meet the Trainers
Ustaz Haron Masagoes
Ustaz Haron Masagoes Hassan presently is the deputy head and internal shariah advisor for the Islamic Wealth Advisory (FAiWA) division within Financial Alliance Pte Ltd. In his role, he works closely with FAIWA’s external shariah advisor, Prof Dr Akram Laldin of ISRA, Malaysia. Haron also has completed the Shariah Advisor Workshop by PERGAS (Association of Religious Islamic Scholars Singapore) which was conducted by Dr Zaharuddin Abdul Rahman.
He is presently also a part-time lecturer for the International Islamic College and University College Of Islam Melaka (under a joint collaboration with Jamiyah Education Centre Singapore) for diploma courses like Principles and Practices of Islamic Banking and Finance & Islamic Law Of Transaction.
He completed his Pre-University studies in Madrasah Aljuneid before pursuing his studies in International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM), obtaining bachelor’s degree in Comparative Religion Studies and Usuluddin. He had completed a certificate in Fundamentals of Financial Services from Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI). Also, he was an alumni for the Industry Program (Fstep) by the Central Bank Of Malaysia covering Conventional banking, Investment banking, Islamic banking and Insurance/Takaful.
Mr Syed Afiq Syed Ismail
Mr Syed Afiq conducts regular workshops and seminars on the major topics of Personal Finance, primarily for families` especially those with children. He gives close guidance and personal coaching to help them get out of debt, build their safety nets, and nurture their nest eggs.
Being gifted with the ability to simplify and clarify complex and complicated concepts, he brings simplicity and clarity to an already confusing subject. His students and clients learn described him as approachable, friendly and light hearted, yet highly informative with instantly usable tips and tricks for the common man.
Mr Zaid Masagos
Zaid Masagos is in the business of giving people insight into themselves and the people they interact with to allow for more rewarding careers and more effective communications leading to increased and better managed wealth.
He has been in the financial industry for more than 16 years, since the age of 21, where in two main roles, he has changed and improved many lives in the areas of wealth, career and relationships.
In the role of a Financial Consultant, for the past 13 years, he has achieved success in the highly competitive financial markets in Singapore and won many awards and accolades in the industry, including Fastest Growing and Most Consistent Consultant and Fastest Recruitment Record. Now, he is currently an Associate Director of Singapore’s Biggest Independent Financial Firm.
As an avid believer in financial literacy & Islamic Wealth Management, and being passionate about numbers, he has designed, formulated, conceptualised and conducted a few events & courses like “5 Pillars Of Islamic Wealth” & “Halal Investing and You”.
Besides giving on-going financial advice to his clientele, he selects and recruits aspiring individuals to join the financial services industry, provides personalised coaching to his team of financial consultants and to the Financial Alliance Islamic Wealth Advisory (FAiWA) team to help them create a meaningful impact to the society, earn a decent income for their loved ones and gain financial independence in the near future.
$45 per pax (Non-members)
$80 for two pax (Non-members)
$35 for (IslamicEvents.sg Members).
Log in to the membership area to use your points to purchase the tickets.
This course is heavily subsidised by INFAQ KNOWLEDGE.
Not an IslamicEvents.sg member yet?
Be an IslamicEvents.sg member and enjoy immediate discounts
and gain more points for other activities, visit >> https://membership.islamicevents.sg/
* Limited seats.
* Price is inclusive of notes.
* Lunch is provided.
Terms & Conditions
- Full Payments are to be made before the Course starts.
- NO REFUND for participants that fail to attend the Course. Ensure you can commit to the course timings.
- Participants will be given Notes.
- Participants are to attend the course punctually and inform organiser early if they are late.
- In the event that you may have a valid excuse due to sickness or family emergency, you may choose to attend the following session with a small fee of $5 to cover the expense of the lunch.
- Organiser has the right to make changes to the schedule or cancel the course. Participants will be informed in advance for changes.
How to Register?
Method 1) Payment by Cash
– Please call our HOTLINE @ 9231 7430 during office hours to arrange an appointment for payment.
Our office operates from Monday to Friday, 10.30am to 6.30pm.
Method 2) Bank Transfer / Debit Card / Paypal / PayNow/Paylah
– Click register below
Step 1: Choose the quantity
Step 2: Fill in your details
Step 3: Choose your mode of payment and proceed with payment.
Method 3) Use of Membership Points (78 points)
Step 1: Login to your membership page here
Step 2: If you have enough points to redeem, please proceed to redeem this course. If you do not have enough points, you may top up the difference.
+(65) 9231 7430
ISGN PTE LTD
71 Ubi Road 1 #10-47 Oxley Bizhub